- Light file size, with strict controls on data calls, which affect latency
- Encrypted. All supply chain transactions should be https/ssl compliant.
- Ad choices supported. All ads should support consumer OBA opt out.
- Non invasive or disruptive. Ads should not interfere with the user experience. Includes covering content and sound defaults.
- Detect ad blocking, in order to initiate a conversation
- Explain the value exchange that advertising enables
- Ask for changed behavior to maintain an equitable exchange
- Lift restrictions or Limit access in response to consumer choice
Ad blocking Primer: iab.com/adblockingprimer
- A. Accelerated
- M. Mobile
- P. Pages
5 Key Learnings:
There are a lot of people who are not happy with the current degree of advertising and monetization on the web and mobile.
2.Ad blocking: who’s doing it?
It’s not just one demographic or one group. It is growing…
3.Mobile ad blocking: largely ineffective
Current solutions do not actually block the majority of ads served on mobile.
There is just no way that a tip-jar style pay-as-you-go solution for compensating publishers is doable industry-wide.
5.If The Content Is Missing
People are willing to turn off ad blockers, if they can't see the content they want.