– Submit your disavow URLs now, before the next update!
– Use Google Webmastertools
– Check backlinks to http, https, www version of the site
Broken Link Backlinks – find what was on the page via waybackmachine, rewrite, reach out to website
Who else is linking to that page?
– Trust Bait Link Building
– Broken Link Building
– Competitor/Neighborhood Link Building
– Natural Link Building plus social signals
Grab top 1000 results
Check those pages to find the pages where there are 7 or more external link on those pages.
Write to them and see if they’ll add your link to their page.
Identify 3-10 of your competitors
- Download their backlinks (Moz, Majestic, Ahrefs)
- In a sense, do a disavow, leave only the good links.
- Group the links in categories: Blogs, forums, news, articles, resource pages, etc
- Make a list of sites you feel that you can get a link from
- Try first to get a link on a page that also links to the competitors (good co-citation)
- If you can’t get on the page, try to get on the site